Re: [EXIM] Send messages in Spanish

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jose Francisco Pereiro Seco
CC: Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Send messages in Spanish
On Tue, 25 May 1999, Jose Francisco Pereiro Seco wrote:

> Hello,I have the Exim MTA working as a Mail Relay and I have troubles when
> it delivers messages with Spanish alphabetic characters. Thats characters
> are not sent correctly, what can I do? (I will try with accept_8bitmime but
> that don4t works).

Exim is 8-bit clean. It makes *no* modifications to the body of messages
at all. I suspect it is some other program that is messing up your text.

You can check this by setting "queue_only" in the Exim configuration.
Then no deliveries will take place and all messages will just sit on the
queue. You can examine the contents of the messages to check whether
they are correct at that stage. (Either read the -D files directly, or
use the -Mvb option.)