Re: [EXIM] Connection closed unexpectedly by server

Author: Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Connection closed unexpectedly by server

On Sun, 23 May 1999, Marc Haber wrote:

> On Fri, 21 May 1999 12:14:15 GMT, you wrote:
> >>
> >>I think I might have spotted what the difference is. Can you try this
> >>patch, please? (It should work for either 3.00 or 3.01).
> >
> >Sure. I applied it to exim 3.01 and will report back if the problem
> >persists.
>
> Unfortunately, the problem still comes up. It occurs not that
> frequently like without the patch, but it shows sometimes still.
>
> Greetings
> Marc

I will note I also seem to be getting the same problem.. It seems
mainly to occur on small (> 2K) messages. It also seems that the
receiving exim 3.00 is accepting the message, but the sending host
thinks it has not, so continues to retry, resulting in multiple copies
of the message being delivered.

I have one case where the sender is exim 2.01. I have the full -d 255
log output from a delivery attempt, which I will forward to ph10
sperately..