Re: [EXIM] 2.12 -> 3.01 upgrade

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
To: Peter Galbavy
CC: Vladimir Litovka, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] 2.12 -> 3.01 upgrade

On Sun, 23 May 1999 14:16:09 +0100, Peter Galbavy wrote:

> On Sun, May 23, 1999 at 03:20:02PM +0300, Vladimir Litovka wrote:
> > I've checked ChangeLog from 2.12 to 3.01 and didn't find answer to such
> > question - are there serious reasons to upgrade from 2.12 to last version?
>
> I cannot be sure, but I suspect that upgrading now, especially with
> the config file changes, will mean that your upgrade path to later
> version will be that much easier, incrementally.

In the case of exim, your decision is made easier by looking at the
distribution site's symbolic link, exim-stable.tar.gz .

Since it still points at exim-2.12.tar.gz, you can assume that
Philip still sees exim-2.12 as the production package, with exim-3.xx
being a beta.

Obviously, Philip would like as many people as possible to test 3.xx,
but you should expect bleeding edge results (i.e.: be prepared to find
problems and report them responsibly).

Lots of software is released in this fashion.

Ciao,
Sheldon.