Re: [EXIM] 2.12 -> 3.01 upgrade

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Peter Galbavy
To: Vladimir Litovka
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] 2.12 -> 3.01 upgrade
On Sun, May 23, 1999 at 03:20:02PM +0300, Vladimir Litovka wrote:
> I've checked ChangeLog from 2.12 to 3.01 and didn't find answer to such
> question - are there serious reasons to upgrade from 2.12 to last version?
> 2.12 quite useful and fits all my needs, but if there were perfomance
> improvements or security fixes or something else - it may be cause to
> upgrade. Sp question is - "Do I need to upgrade without urgency?"

I cannot be sure, but I suspect that upgrading now, especially with
the config file changes, will mean that your upgrade path to later
version will be that much easier, incrementally.

The only other reason I am considering upgrading is to get a
consistent set of binaries (and hence paths to config files) for
my local network. I have 2.0x, 2.1x etc, some with the default
config file path, others with my own. It is getting confusing.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd