Re: [EXIM] freeze on queueing and delaying delivery

Autor: James Fidell
A: Philip Hazel
CC: Exim List
Assumpte: Re: [EXIM] freeze on queueing and delaying delivery
Quoting Philip Hazel (ph10@???):
> On Tue, 18 May 1999, James Fidell wrote:
>
> > Also, I'd like to be able to specify a minimum delay when queueing a
> > message so that no delivery will be attempted (unless forced) before that
> > time period is up. Is this possible ?
>
> Not within Exim, no. It does not do waiting/retrying on a per message
> basis. You could freeze the message and write some external program that
> unfroze it when its time was up, I suppose.
>
> Out of curiousity, what is the rationale behind artificially delaying
> mail like this?

The requirement I've been given is that messages my scanning software
decides contain a virus, the (local) recipient(s) must be warned via
e-mail that they have been sent a virus and the actual delivery of the
infected message should be delayed for sufficient time to give them at
least some sort of chance of dealing with the problem appropriately.

What I've proposed isn't really the ideal solution, but let's not get
into that...

James.
--
 "Yield to temptation --             | Consultancy: james@???
  it may not pass your way again"    | http://www.cloud9.co.uk/james

        - Lazarus Long               |              James Fidell