RE: [EXIM] freeze on queueing and delaying delivery

Autor: John Horne
A: Exim List
Assumpte: RE: [EXIM] freeze on queueing and delaying delivery
On 18-May-99 at 09:13:38 James Fidell wrote:
> I'd like to be able to queue a message in a frozen state so that no
> delivery attempts will be made until the administrator unfreezes the
> message. Is there any way to achieve this other than queueing the message
> with one call to exim and then freezing it with another ?

We do this for specific messages from the postmaster. We used a message filter
file (look at the message_filter configure option) to look for specific
addresses and then freeze the messages. Something like:

  if ${sender_address_local_part} is "postmaster" and ${recipients} matches
     "\\\\buop-" and first_delivery then

     freeze
  endif

In this case any message from the postmaster to any recipient beginning 'uop-'
is frozen. At that point we can check the message headers and body and send it
on or remove it. Very nice. A director picks up the prefix and handles the
message (you may not need that bit).

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK                Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???                         ICQ: 36532881
Home page: http://jhorne.csd.plymouth.ac.uk
Finger for PGP key: john@???