Re: [EXIM] Header re-writing question

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Kevin J Collins
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Header re-writing question
On Mon, 17 May 1999, Kevin J Collins wrote:

> We have our admin section hidden behind a firewall, and the
> central (Exim-2.12) mail hub has a router configured to receive
> mail for user@??? (after aliasing, of course) and route it to
> the admin mail server. The problem is that admin users have their
> mail clients' outgoing SMTP server as the mail hub. This works
> fine except that the outgoing headers aren't being re-written.
> This is a big problem for users of list services like Mailbase.
> Users are no longer allowed to send to the lists because of the
> headers not being re-written.

I don't think you've given enough information about the problem. Do you
mean that the outgoing mail from these users does not pass through your
central hub, but instead goes straight out onto the net, and their
addresses are user@??? rather than user@???? Or is it
passing through your hub but you aren't rewriting? If the latter, and
you can readily identify "something.hw" you can just rewrite it with a
rule like

*@something.hw $local_part@???

(or if you need to change the local part, using some kind of lookup).