Re: [EXIM] SMTP timeout after DATA

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] SMTP timeout after DATA
On Mon, 17 May 1999, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> I have seen this happen with machines that do inline virus scanning -

I don't think that the host in question is doing that, but I've asked and
am waiting for a reply.

The messages that this is happening on are small. Ones in today's queue
were all under 6k.

> The only thing you can do to work round it is up the timeout and/or
> make your max message size much lower.

I'll double the data_timeout from the default 5m to 10m. If I need to go
higher, I'll set up a special router for that particular host.

Cheers,

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814