[EXIM] IPs in host lists

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Anand Buddhdev
To: exim-users
Betreff: [EXIM] IPs in host lists
I am building a pop-before-smtp setup for our mailserver, running
exim-2.12.

My idea is that when a user successfully authenticates via POP, their IP
address is added to a CDB database. Exim can then lookup this database when
doing relay-checks, and allow that IP address to relay. I got most of the
system working, but then realised that the sender_host_accept_relay option
will not accept IP addresses listed in a file lookup. Is there any solution
to this?

I thought of recording the remote hostname from where the client checks for
email, but not all IPs resolve backwards into hostnames, so that won't
work.

I also thought of trying the new exim-3.00, but there again, although no
mention of any restriction is made in the manual, it seems not to accept
lists of IPs in an external file lookup, eg:

host_accept_relay = cdb;/usr/local/exim/dynamic-relays.cdb

Any ideas anyone, or have I just done a lot of work for nothing?

PS. I'm using the qmail-pop3d server, which allows me to run a CDB-building
script before the actual POP server, so I can capture remote IPs to allow
them to relay.

TIA

--
System Administrator
See complete headers for address, homepage and phone numbers