[EXIM] Problems calling externat programs

Author: Rick Williams
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Problems calling externat programs
Hi,

Firstly I would like to thanks everybody for the swift and helpful
response I got for my last query.

I have been trying to post some automated programs from the old
sendmail server over. Both the files were called from the `aliases`
file ie prog1:    "|/usr/local/bin/program1". The first program was a
C program to generate a list of all the current email addresses and
who they belonged to and the second was a Perl program that
send a single email to all users on the system. Neither of the
programs work now properly. I do not claim to be a programmer, so
I got some help from our senoir programmer but to no avail.
The messages I am getting in error are "Child returned error code
1" and "process failed (1) when writing error message to
r_williams@??? (frozen)"

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong.... or maybe it's the
programs I'm running that are *!?%. Is there another way of donig it?

Rick.
Rick Williams - Systems Support - The Charlesworth Group
http://www.charlesworth.com