Re: [EXIM] quota_warn_threshold

Author: David Sheryn
To: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] quota_warn_threshold
On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, iqbal wrote:
>
> > I have a quota on mailbox size set to 5M, what I want to do is to send a
> > message to the user of the mailbox, that the mailbox is about to hit the
> > threshold, I would also like it copied to admin.
> >
> > I assumed that i could do this with quota_warn_threshold, but when i add
> > this line exim dies.
>
> Wow. I need to read change logs more often. I didn't know about
> quota_warm_threshold until your message. (And I just read the specs about
> it). It's exactly what I want and would have saved me writing a script
> I have for telling people about big mail boxes. (It also would have saved
> a friendship with a very angry user who went over inbox quota during
> Easter. :-(

Indeed :)

Since different categories of users have different mail quotas, it would be
really handy if you could use a percentage/fraction in there (i.e. warn at 80%
full). Phil, wishlist item ? (at which point I guess that some people will
want different percentages for different users... )

DHS
-- David Sheryn <D.H.Sheryn@???> Computing Services
-- City University, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB
-- Phone: (+44) 171 477 8000 Direct 0171 477 8196 Fax: 0171 477 8565