[EXIM] RPM for SuSE 6.0

Author: Oliver Kurth
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] RPM for SuSE 6.0
Hello!

I have made an exim rpm for SuSE 6.0. I do not know whether it works for
SuSE 6.1 (haven't seen that yet), but I see no reason why it should not.
It will probably not work for Redhat though, because it fiddles with
/etc/rc.config in a way as do the other servers installed by SuSE. And
it will not work with SuSE below version 6 because it uses glibc.

It is a 'plain' compilation, I did not change much in Local/Makefile. I
did not compile eximon. The executables are in /usr/exim/bin, the
configuration is in /usr/exim/configure (should change that to
/etc/exim.conf, would be more SuSE-like). I made a link
/usr/sbin/sendmail -> /usr/exim/bin/exim. Same for mailq. See the web
page for more:

It is available at
http://merlin.uni-sw.gwdg.de/~okurth/rpms/

Enjoy it, if you discover a bug concerning the rpm (but not exim
itself), mail to me (directly, mails to the exim list dissappear in a
folder, and I do not look into that very often :-) ).

Oliver
--
Oliver Kurth
phone: xx49-551-39-5055   fax: xx49-551-39-5043  home: xx49-551-706164