Re: [EXIM] Found something strange in my exim

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Julien MOUTTE, Harald Meland, Jim Knoble
CC: Exim
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Found something strange in my exim

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Jim Knoble wrote:

> Best solution i've found to this (using a *-ified virtusertable from an
> old sendmail config) is the following director list:
>
> (1) aliasfile director for virtusertable with search type `lsearch'
> (2) regular aliasfile and localuser directors
> (3) aliasfile director for virtusertable with search type `lsearch*'

If you know for certain that no alias in your alias file ever generates
another alias that is in the same file, then the most efficient solution
is to put

new_director = name-of-following-director

in your aliasfile director. This stops Exim from processing the
generated names as aliases the second time.