Re: [EXIM] Found something strange in my exim

Author: Julien MOUTTE
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Exim
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Found something strange in my exim
I 've done an exim -d9 -bt lm@???

with such an alias file :

lm:lionel
lionel.martin:lionel

jm:julien
julien.moutte:julien

*:julien

And after a long time, i 've realized how exim processes aliases.

                                            lm@???

                            Exim search for lm and replace by lionel

                                           lionel@???

                        Exim search for lionel another time and can't find
it
                            * match and exim replace with julien

                                            julien@???

                            Exim search for julien another time and can't
find it
                             * match one more time and no replace needed
                                    Exim now goes to local_delivery

                                    -> delivered to julien on localhost

Solution :

add a strange entry for each user ...

julien.moutte:julien
jm:julien
julien:julien

lm:lionel
lionel.martin:lionel
lionel:lionel

*:julien

So that exim match the local user two times and doesn't match *
unexpectedly...

I'm newby Exim so i think that my configure file is guilty...

i think my solution is not very "Smooth"

Regards

Julien MOUTTE