RE: [EXIM] fetchmail, spamdb and exim

Author: Pollywog
To: Exim-users list
Subject: RE: [EXIM] fetchmail, spamdb and exim

On 27-Apr-99 Christian Dysthe wrote:
> sender_net_reject = /var/spamdb/SpamNets

Don't you need to specify a search method here?
such as sender_net_reject = lsearch;/var/spamdb/SpamNets

> In my reject.log I find the following when a mail is rejected:

> -
> 1999-04-27 12:34:42 sender rejected: <ultra445@???>
> H=oddbird
> (localhost) [127.0.0.1] (root)
> -
> 1999-04-27 12:34:43 reject all recipients: 3 times bad sender
> <FETCHMAIL-DAEMON@localhost> H=oddbird (localhost) [127.0.0.1] (root)
> -
>
> My question is: What is the second entry? That entry always come after an
> email
> has been rejected.
>
> Also, sometimes I get the same mail rejected many times also. Is
> this becuase the sender keeps resending, or... ?

I believe it is because you have not added localhost to your localdomains or
relay domains. I had the same problem because I also use fetchmail.
The mail keeps getting rejected but has no place to go, since it is being
bounced to localhost.

--
Andrew

[PGP5.0 Key ID 0x5EE61C37]