[EXIM] fetchmail, spamdb and exim

Author: Christian Dysthe
To: Exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] fetchmail, spamdb and exim
Hi,

I am using exim and fetchmail to handle local/ISP-mail on my
linuxbox (oddbird). I use smarthost (mail.onr.com) and header
rewrite:

*@oddbird       cdysthe@???    Ffr

I use spamdb to get rid of some spam. I have this set in my exim.conf:

sender_verify = true
sender_reject = "dbm;/var/spamdb/spam.db"
sender_net_reject = /var/spamdb/SpamNets

In my reject.log I find the following when a mail is rejected:

1999-04-27 12:34:42 sender rejected: <ultra445@???> H=oddbird
(localhost) [127.0.0.1] (root)
1999-04-27 12:34:43 reject all recipients: 3 times bad sender
<FETCHMAIL-DAEMON@localhost> H=oddbird (localhost) [127.0.0.1] (root)

My question is: What is the second entry? That entry always come after an email
has been rejected.

Also, sometimes I get the same mail rejected many times also. Is
this becuase the sender keeps resending, or... ?

TIA

Regards,
Christian Dysthe
Email: cdysthe@???