Re: [EXIM] checking against MX names in routers I use the fo…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Stuart Lynne
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] checking against MX names in routers I use the following construct in director entries:
On Sun, 25 Apr 1999, Stuart Lynne wrote:

> For forwarding all users in a domain to a host specified in an domains
> directory entry I would like to implement something like the following
> as a router entry:
>
>     mail_forward:
>       condition = "${if match{$self_hostname}{mail..fireplug.net}{$domain}}"
>       driver = domainlist,
>       transport = smtp;
>       route_query = "ldap://wilt.fireplug.net/l=yvr?fireForwardToHost?sub?(&(o=$domain))"
>       search_type = ldap

> But there doesn't seem to be an expansion variable available that allows us
> to look at MX names while in routers.

Exim doesn't look up MX records unless a router requires it to.

I'm not sure what you are asking here. Is this something to do with
$self_hostname (which is defined only in directors that have been
activated from self=local in a router)?

Are you trying to implement "if routed to host A then actually do a
lookup to see which host really to send to"? Surely the right way to do
that is to point the MX record at the correct host? Maybe I'm missing
something here.