Re: [EXIM] (Fwd) Cant get domainlist router to work in exim …

Author: Philip Hazel
To: 020shero
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] (Fwd) Cant get domainlist router to work in exim 2.12
On Fri, 23 Apr 1999 020shero@??? wrote:

> Debug output from the old and new versions follow.

Ah yes, I now remember the change. The value of $domain that you are
using in the wits router is now the original domain of the address, not
the domain that is being routed. The ChangeLog item for Exim 2.00 reads:

 1. When routing, only domain and localpart were set as variables; things like
 original_domain were not. This was an oversight. (Hindsight: this actually
 changed the value of $domain in routers to the address domain instead of the
 route_domain value it had previously. This matters only if an address has
 passed through an instance of domainlist that passed on a different domain.
 Thinking about it, I have decided to leave it alone - the routing domain can
 be obtained in subsequent domainlist routers by $0, and it will be the address
 domain that is set in any transports.)

So the answer is to change your wits router to refer to $0 instead of to
$domain.

Regards,
Philip