Re: [EXIM] 'bounce' messages from a different user..

Author: Jason Gunthorpe
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] 'bounce' messages from a different user..

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>
> > No, it is invoked through a much more round about manner - it does run as
> > a specific user.
>
> Ah, then I'm confused about what the problem is, sorry. The "mail"
> command does allow you to set the "From:" header. However, unless the
> specific user submitting the message is trusted, Exim will insert a
> Sender: header too. Does that help?

Not entirely, I am aware of this - what I would like to know is how to
make the mail command in the filter file I posted do this, the
documentation does not provide any hint on how to set the from line,

For reference the complete filter file is

if
${lookup{${local_part}}lsearch{/org/packages.debian.org/etc/maintainerdb}{$
value}{unknown}} is "unknown"
then
seen mail expand file /org/packages.debian.org/etc/bouncemesg return
messag
else
seen deliver ${lookup{${local_part}}partial-lsearch{/org/packages.debian.org/etc/maintainerdb}{$value}}
endif

> because hitting the "fail" causes the condition always to fail. However,
> if you just have
>
> if "${lookup {${local_part}} lsearch {maintainerdb} {$value} }" then
>
> you will hit a syntax error, since the condition is not complete. It is
> equivalent to saying
>
> if "xxxx" then
>
> which isn't a valid condition. In fact, the expansion will be the empty
> string if the lookup fails.

That might deserve to go in the doc file too.. is there any way I can
detect a failure without the possibility of hitting a lookup result? Ie in
that example if the lookup were to actually return "unknown" it would
fail too.

Thanks,
Jason