Re: [EXIM] Configuration of headers

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dennis P Mottram
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Configuration of headers
On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Dennis P Mottram wrote:

> Is it possible to configure exim (1.8.2) so that the message length is
> included in the header of mail received from remote systems for delivery to
> local users?

(1) 1.82 is very old; current release is 2.12.

(2) Message length isn't a precise concept, because headers can get
added/deleted during delivery.

Why do you need this? I was under the impression that Content-Length was
something used by MIME mailers, and all that kind of message handling
isn't the province of the MTA really.