Re: [EXIM] incoming connect closes after MAIL FROM

Author: Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] incoming connect closes after MAIL FROM
The receiver is Exim and they are on the same LAN directly connected to the
same hub, so there is no router or anything. In addition, when done
interactively, it happens all at once so there is no timeout happening.

>One possible cause is that the server will (unless
> you disable it) attempt to do an RFC 1413 call-back to the sender.
> Sometimes these time out.

What parameters affect this? I turned off various checking parameters I
had defined but if it is a default behavior I may not have had a parameter
there in my conf file to disable.

Thanks
Chad

--On Wednesday, April 21, 1999, 2:13 PM +0100 Philip Hazel
<ph10@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net
> LLC wrote:
>
>> Eactly what does
>> LOG: 0 MAIN
>> == chad@??? T=remote_smtp defer (-19): Remote host
>> hobbiton.shire.net [
>> 204.228.145.250] closed connection after MAIL FROM:
>> <chad@???> SIZE
>> =1341
>>
>> mean and what could be some causes for it?
>
> It means that the receiving SMTP server dropped the TCP/IP connection
> after the client sending SMTP had sent the SMTP command
>
> MAIL FROM: <chad@???
>
> If the receiver is Exim, this is some kind of problem, because it
> shouldn't drop the connection. However, there are plenty of things in
> between that might be involved (routers, etc.) Maybe some kind of
> timeout is involved. One possible cause is that the server will (unless
> you disable it) attempt to do an RFC 1413 call-back to the sender.
> Sometimes these time out.
>

> --
> Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,
> ph10@???      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.

Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
Web and Macintosh Consulting -- full service web hosting
Chad Leigh
chad@???            chad@???