[EXIM] incoming connect closes after MAIL FROM

Author: Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] incoming connect closes after MAIL FROM
Hi

I have a box operating as a web server and I am trying to mail from that
machine to my normal email machine. Normal email machine is FreeBSD and
exim 2. The normal email machine serves several virtual domains. The web
machine also has exim on it. When sending from the web machine to an
address served by my mail machine the message is not sent and nothing shows
up in any logs on the mail machine. Here is an interactive mail session
from the shell:

> mail -v chad@???

Subject: test
test
.
EOT
LOG: 0 MAIN
<= chad@??? U=chad P=local S=309
> Exim version 2.04 debug level 1 uid=78 gid=1

probably Berkeley DB version 1.8x (compatibility mode)
delivering message 10ZeYD-0002rk-00
Connecting to hobbiton.shire.net [204.228.145.250] ... connected
SMTP<< 220 hobbiton.shire.net ESMTP Exim 2.04 #4 Tue, 20 Apr 1999
11:44:03 -06
00
SMTP>> EHLO bagend.shire.net

SMTP<< 250-hobbiton.shire.net Hello bagend.shire.net [204.228.145.131]
250-SIZE
250-PIPELINING
250 HELP
SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<chad@???> SIZE=1341

LOG: 0 MAIN
Remote host hobbiton.shire.net [204.228.145.250] closed connection after
MAIL
FROM: <chad@???> SIZE=1341
LOG: 0 MAIN
== chad@??? T=remote_smtp defer (-19): Remote host
hobbiton.shire.net [
204.228.145.250] closed connection after MAIL FROM: <chad@???>
SIZE
=1341

I have tried all sorts of exim configurations on the mail machine testing
for headers and the like and cannot get thre response to change.

Eactly what does
LOG: 0 MAIN
== chad@??? T=remote_smtp defer (-19): Remote host
hobbiton.shire.net [
204.228.145.250] closed connection after MAIL FROM: <chad@???>
SIZE
=1341

mean and what could be some causes for it?

Thanks
Chad

Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
Web and Macintosh Consulting -- full service web hosting
Chad Leigh
chad@???            chad@???