Re: [EXIM] Envelope From rewriting.

Author: James FitzGibbon
To: Philip Hazel
CC: kiss the sun and walk on air, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Envelope From rewriting.
* Philip Hazel (ph10@???) [990420 05:01]:

> Well, there are conditional features in the string expansion...
>
> > You need some sort of logic to say "when the From: header is
> > peter.royal@???, change the envelope sender to the same, but when the
> > >From header is peter.royal@???, change the envelope sender to
> > osi@???".
>
> How about
>
> *@*  "${if matches{$h_from:}{peter\\.royal@pobox\\.com}\
>           {peter.royal@???}\
>           {\
>           ${if matches{$h_from:}{peter\\.royal@alligator\\.org}\
>             {osi@???} fail}\
>           }\
>       }"  F

> for example?

I didn't realize that you could get that fancy inside of the replacement
string. Having now looked at the documentation, I see that it can be "a
string which is expanded". If the above does work, perhaps putting
a slightly simpler conditional rewrite example in the spec would be a good
idea. Right now the most complex example is one using ${lookup}.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon (JF647)                                        james@???
EHLO Solutions                                       Voice/Fax +1 416 410-0100