SOLVED -- Re: [EXIM] (un)blocking dynamic IP addresses [Was:…

Author: david sims
To: Jeffrey Goldberg, exim-users@exim.org
Subject: SOLVED -- Re: [EXIM] (un)blocking dynamic IP addresses [Was: A way to do this?]
I wrote:

> Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
> >
> > Since using DUL and DSSL (as well as MAPS), I have seen only a very small
> > number of false positives. Almost all of those were Cranfield users who
> > failed to follow instructions when using other ISPs.
>
> Actually, my email to Jeffrey Goldberg failed. I guess I'm another false
> positive.
>
> I'm the guy who can't get his exim to send mail to mail.earthlink.net.
> Earthlink is my ISP. It's still failing for me with a timeout whenever I
> try to send mail bigger than about 1.7K. So I turned off smarthost and
> now send out my mail directly to the recipient's SMTP server. Works
> great so far except for Jeffrey :-)

woohoo! it's working! I finally figured out that I had to make two
changes in config.h.defaults:

#define DELIVER_IN_BUFFER_SIZE 512 /* was set to 8192 */
#define DELIVER_OUT_BUFFER_SIZE 512 /* was set to 8192 */

Then I recompiled, and my mail started going out to mail.earthlink.net
again.

I haven't tested for the largest value my system can take, but 512
definitely works.

I'm sure you will all be pleased to know that I'm going back to the
smarthost way. After all, I have to send Jeffrey email about my success!

cheers, and thanks for the help, and God bless open source,
david

--
david sims
david@???