[EXIM] WE BEG HELP FOR GOD´S SAKE

Author: ACOPLASTICOS
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] WE BEG HELP FOR GOD´S SAKE
Hello exim users throughout the world !!!

This is the situation:

1. I have an intranet with assigned IP addresses from 192.168.0.1 to
192.168.0.15
2. We have a Linux 2.0 box with IP Masquerading enabled.
3. We have a DNS server running in our Linux box. It is the gateway and
DNS server for the other computers.
3. We have a connection to the internet with a cable provider with 1
dynamical IP address assigned by a DHCP server. (typical for a
standalone computer) We dont´t have the money for a permanent IP address
connection.
4. Our ISP gave us an account in a SMTP server and a POP server for the
normal email operation of 1 user.
5. Our computers behind the intranet browse the internet transparently
through the Linux box.

What we want to do with the Exim MTA ?:

1. Internal email: An user of the intranet could send a message to
another user of the intranet with the sender addresses unmodified in
order to have normal email operation within our organisation.
2. External email: An user of the intranet could send an external
message. Therefore the MTA must log into the assigned account of our
ISP´s SMTP server and send the message with the sender address
rewritten. That address must always be the same, i.e, the email address
that was assigned by our ISP provider.
3. Finally we should do manually the external incoming mail processing
(that is, the mail that arrives to our POP account of our ISP provider)
with an utility like Fetchmail and therefore doing the forwarding of
each message to the corresponding internal email account, managed by
Exim.

The actual status ?

1. I have installed the Exim MTA. It correctly delivers the internal
email.
2. I have read about the "split world" address rewriting posted before
by someone. Therefore, I could configure 2 Exims, one receives the mail
and the other rewrites it if external, communicating the 2 Exims by a
private SMTP port. I think I did the things wrong. (or understood it
wrong !!)
3. I have configured Exim in order to route the email using a
"smarthost" but when I try to send an external email it says "The SMTP
server answered <email address> prohibited by administrator" Of course I
configured the email clients (Netscape, Eudora) to use the same SMTP and
POP server, i.e, our Linux box.

Well, for GOD´s sake, I beg you your kind help and advice. I am located
in Colombia, South America. Here almost nobody knows about Linux or
Exim. Just they know Microsoft.

Thanks to you in advance.

CHRISTIAN AREVALO SALAMANCA
Chief Information Officer.
Colombian Association of Plastics Industries.
ACOPLASTICOS
Santa Fe de Bogota D.C., Colombia
South America.