Re: [EXIM] migration from sendmail to exim

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: eximlist
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [EXIM] migration from sendmail to exim

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999 eximlist@??? wrote:
> I am working out a plan to migrate an NIS/NFS cluster of machines running
> sendmail to exim. /var/spool/mail is physically on one, and NFS mounted on
> all the others. I need to put exim on one machine at a time, and its
> possible that some machines will not be switched right away. If I have
> exim running on one machine, and sendmail on another, and they are both
> delivering into /var/spool/mail, how can I ensure that they will cooperate
> as far as locking the user mailspools and not step on each others toes?

How many of your sendmail machines currently deliver ?

As others have pointed out, delivering over NFS is nasty;
therefore, assuming you had a reasonably stable sendmail setup before,
you may find that one one machine does the deliveries.

If so you don't have a problem - just upgrade that machine first.

Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna