Re: [EXIM] A filter for Malissa?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Leonardo Boselli
CC: Exim users mailing list
Subject: Re: [EXIM] A filter for Malissa?

leo@??? said:
> I read a lot of these messages ... just a question: is not EASIER and
> SAFER just asking user NOT to use outlook ? I recived a lot of such
> "viruses" on my NT machine, but no one did harm, since the MUA I use
> do not open attachment "spontaneously" ...

Outlook is only a minor partner in crime on this....
Melissa would spread happily enough without outlook although it would
spread more slowly - Word macro viruses do very well without any help
due to a combination of clueless users and a clueless software company.

Outlook allows it to spread far more effectively - however AFAIK even
if you use another mail agent to receive mail, if you open that
document with macros enabled and outlook is installed on your machine
you may well fire out a batch of messages.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]