Re: [EXIM] Exim & Majordomo

Author: Bryce Newall
To: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Exim & Majordomo
Hello Jeff,

Thanks for your reply!

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> I believe that the maintainer of that FAQ is on this list, so hopefully we
> will learn about its disposition soon.

I'm anxious to find out as well.

>    A0902: Make sure you have got the quoting correct in the $mailer
>    setting. For example,
>        $mailer = "$sendmail_command -oi -oee -f$sender\@lists.mydomain.de";

>    is not correct. It needs three backslashes, not one, and the $ at the
>    start of $sender has to be escaped with a backslash.

[snip]
> But I actually suspect that your problem is that you forgot to list
> majodom as a trusted user. (You have to do with with any MTA, to do this
> with exim have something like
>
> trusted_users = root:exim:majordom

You, my friend, are a genius. That was indeed the problem -- as soon as I
added that line and HUP'd exim, things started working properly. Now, at
least, my list owners will get their bounces. (I don't think they ever
got them under Qmail, but I'm not sure...)

Thanks again!

*       Bryce Newall       *       Email: data@???        *
*     WWW: http://www.dreamhaven.net/~data    *    ICQ: 32620929     *
*       "Insanity takes its toll.  Please have exact change."        *