Re: [EXIM] Exim to MX for another site

Author: Malcolm Ray
To: Paul Mansfield
CC: K.J.Collins, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Exim to MX for another site
> Hmmm. How to charge for it? I think you'd have to filter the exim mainlog for
> deliveries to that domain.

Not really: notice that the mainlog identifies the router and transport
used. From our configuration:

# transports

mx_smtp:
driver = smtp

# routers

mx_smtp:
driver = lookuphost
domains = dbm;TABLES/mxed_domains
transport = mx_smtp

We're not interested in charging (at present!), so we aren't bothered about
breaking the traffic down further, but the above lets us know how much
traffic is being relayed for those domains we provide MX for. If we
wanted to discriminate further, analysing the log would be the way to go,
but if Kevin's only doing it for one domain, something like the above
should do the trick (with a suitably modified 'domains' parameter on the
router).

--
Malcolm Ray                           University of London Computer Centre