Re: [EXIM] Exim to MX for another site

Author: Paul Mansfield
To: Kevin J Collins
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Exim to MX for another site
On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Kevin J Collins wrote:
> Our site's been asked to be an offsite MX for one of our
> neighbours. Is there anything I need to do to Exim to
> allow it to store-and-forward for our neighbour (and if so,
> will I be able to see how much traffic they're putting our
> way) ?

There's several ways you can do this. Either use something like this option:
    relay_domains = dbm;/opt/exim/etc/accept-domains

You need to build the DB file accept-domains this from a one-domain-per-line
list file fed through the command
    /opt/exim/bin/exim_dbmbuild accept-domains accept-domains

Or, use the Exim option
    relay_domains_include_local_mx = true

Hmmm. How to charge for it? I think you'd have to filter the exim mainlog for
deliveries to that domain.

You might be better off giving them a separate IP address and run a different
instance of Exim, thereby getting an entirely separate set of logs.

Paul
----
Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your .signature file to help me spread!