[EXIM] Header rewriting rules

Author: davidj
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Header rewriting rules
Lets say we have a company, that has a real world email address
of "bogus@???". They are using a bogus domain, "bogus" for
internal company mail.

All inbound mail to this company from the real world, goes into
"bogus@???", and gets put into an account called
"internet.mail@bogus" on their local server. All outbound mail will
come from "user@bogus", to be rewritten as "bogus@???".

I initially setup two rules in exim, as below

*@bogus            *            TtbcsqQRFfrs
*@*            bogus@???    Ffrs

This works with outbound and internal company mail. But when mail comes
inbound (picked up via fetchmail), the senders address gets changed
to "user@bogus" which is obviously a product of the first rule.

Are their any suggestions on how I might get all internal company mail
to be untouched, all outbound mail to be written as to have come from
"bogus@???", and all inbound mail to stay as it is?

I have tried the no_rewrite rules in the directors and exim chokes. It's
exim 2.12.

TIA

--
David Jericho