Re: [EXIM] Exim configuration

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Toralf Lund
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Exim configuration
On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Toralf Lund wrote:

> % exim -bV
> Exim version 2.04 #2 built 10-Dec-1998 01:24:02
> Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 1998
>

> As I indicated earlier, I installed a binary distribution fetched at http://freeware.sgi.com,
> to I don't have any information about build options etc. I you have have any questions about
> this, you may be able to address them to the right people at SGI though links on this web site.

Sorry, I had forgotten. I'm afraid I deal with so much email these days
that I don't always remember the details of a thread. I have looked in
the ChangeLog and there doesn't seem to be anything about rewriting
changes since 2.04, but the latest release is 2.12, which was what I was
checking with. I wasn't aware that SGI were making a binary
distribution. That is interesting.

As I am going away for 2 weeks on Wednesday, I haven't time to do
anything more about this, but if you want to pursue it, then I think
you will have to fetch a source distribution from

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-2.12.tar.gz

and build the latest release to test with. As I am the only person
maintaining Exim, I can't really afford to spend lots of time
investigating previous releases or binary releases that I don't know
anything about. I hope you can understand this.

Regards,
Philip