[EXIM] Which mailing list manager do you use and why?

Author: michael
To: exim-users
I am considering to use a mailing list manager and after having read
the overview at http://library.ummed.edu/~naleks/mlmfaq/mlmfaq_toc.html,
I can't decide.

It is most important, that the MLM of my choice behaves well under
heavy load. I would further like good loop detection. I don't need
sophisticated commands, just good subscribe and unsubscribe functions
suffice. Automatic unsubscription after a certain amount of bounces
is absolutely needed. Modelling the lists using LDAP would be a great
pro, but none of the current systems seem to offer that, so I will need
to modify the source. For that reason, I am only interested in free
available and distributable software.

With those wishes in mind, do you have any suggestions? Is there a small
system, best written in C, that does subscribe/unsubscribe/automatic
unsubscribe which behaves well under load (i.e. which serializes all
requests)? Perhaps serialization could be performed better by exim
instead of having an MLM daemon, what do you think?

Michael