Re: [EXIM] rbl_except_net configuration statement.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Warren Vanichuk
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] rbl_except_net configuration statement.
On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Warren Vanichuk wrote:

> We're recently switched the way we use the RBL system, and I've run into a
> little glitch. When I set the options as :
>
> rbl_except_nets = lsearch;/etc/exim/allow-thru-rbl

Sorry, you can't use lsearch etc. in net lists. Check out section 7.16.

> If I set it to :
>
> rbl_except_nets = lsearch;199.60.229.0/24
>
> It behaves as excepted.

I'm somewhat amazed! That is a bug.

> Is this a bug? Or expected behaviour? And is there any way to make the
> rbl_except_nets work from a file, like local_domains and allow_relays?

You can have a list of entries by just quoting a file name. This is not
the same as lsearch, since it cannot be made into a dbm (or whatever
file). I am hoping at some point to invent a way of using more efficient
lookups for networks.