[EXIM] rbl_except_net configuration statement.

Author: Warren Vanichuk
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] rbl_except_net configuration statement.

Greetings.

We're recently switched the way we use the RBL system, and I've run into a
little glitch. When I set the options as :

rbl_except_nets = lsearch;/etc/exim/allow-thru-rbl

I get :

[root@skuld][~] # /usr/sbin/exim -bd -q30m
1999-03-15 20:38:51 Exim configuration error
error in IP net specification lsearch;/etc/exim/allow-rbl in rbl_except_nets option: invalid IP address

If I set it to :

rbl_except_nets = lsearch;199.60.229.0/24

It behaves as excepted.

Is this a bug? Or expected behaviour? And is there any way to make the
rbl_except_nets work from a file, like local_domains and allow_relays?
These files are generated automatically for us, and it would be a great
convienence to be able to modify a file for RBL exceptions, rather than
modifying the configuration file. :)

Sincerely, Warren

Warren Vanichuk; Systems Engineer,
Network Operations @ Internet Direct.