Re: [EXIM] Time Zone

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: David Lattter
CC: James FitzGibbon, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Time Zone
On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, David Lattter wrote:

> We have a problem with time being 1 hour out, if we use the command date it
> shows the correct time on the server but when we get the email in MS Outlook
> it shows 1 hour younger then it should. We have gone over the server and it
> seems to be set right but I think exim is stamping the date wrong? I have
> looked in the manual for time references but cant find any? The server has
> the right time zone for Local time and GMT is right also?

I very strongly doubt that this is a problem with exim or even the date
and time on that system. First of all, in most cases the Date header is
generated by the MUA, and exim should only add a date line if an incoming
message does not already have a date header.

Also, you may wish to check the various received headers in such a message
to see what date Exim does put on it and how that corresponds to the Date
header.

Could you actually post one of the messages (or just headers) with the
"wrong date". Of course we need to see the full headers.

I'd be willing to put a small amount of money on the PC or Outhouse having
the date wrong or having its timezone environment set up incorrectly.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814