Re: [EXIM] Are partial-ldap queries allowed?

Author: michael
To: ph10
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Are partial-ldap queries allowed?
> > local_domains = "partial-ldap;ldap::///dc=$key,dc=maildomain,o=myorg"
>
> "partial-" applies only to "single-key" lookups. LDAP is a "query-style"
> lookup. I am not familiar enough with the way its queries can be
> expressed to know how easy it is to do what you want. Maybe some LDAP
> users can comment.

Why is partial restricted to single key lookups? If I understood it
correctly, partial- in combination with single key lookups simply tries
shorter keys with a heading *., if the exact match failed. It could do
just the same with query style lookups by setting $key to the appropiate
values.

LDAP queries can use wildcards, but the problem is that I need to lookup
shorter keys, not longer ones.

Michael