[EXIM] Are partial-ldap queries allowed?

Author: michael
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Are partial-ldap queries allowed?
Up to now, I use the following:

local_domains         = "partial-dbm;localdomains.db"

I need partial lookups because of DNS wildcard entries such as:

*               IN      MX      50 mx.host.

Now I want to switch to LDAP and I have two problems: How to model
the above with a directory and how to express the correct query.
I thought it would be easy, if I simply put the star in the like
dc=*.domain,dc=maildomain,o=myorg

I prefer that instead of an optional attribute for the domain, because
the dn is self-documenting. Further, I thought it should work using
partial-ldap. :)

Currently, the line reads:

local_domains           = "partial-ldap;ldap::///dc=$key,dc=maildomain,o=myorg"

It does not cause an error, but using exim -bv -d 10 I see the same queries
as if I use "ldap;ldap:::///...". Bug or feature?

Michael