RE: [EXIM] Virtual Domains

Author: Andromeda
To: Exim
Subject: RE: [EXIM] Virtual Domains
At 09:44 12-03-1999 +1100, you wrote:
>I dont use .forward files so I only put in the virtual director. I dont know
>why you would put except_domains = "lsearch;/usr/exim/aliases/domains" in
>the localuser: director. I have taken this out and it seems to work fine. I

Hello David,

the reason is this:

If you were not to use such an option, your local users and your virtual
users could be confused. In other words, if I had a local user called
"bob", and that keyword was not there, the mail for
bob@??? could also end up in local user bob's mailbox,
since the local parts are the same, which is not always the desired case.

In other words, the except_domains keyword tells the localuser director
that the domains listed in the file are not really local users, but are
handled further down by the virtual director.

I hope that makes it clear.

With Regards

Andromeda

= The Andromeda HTML Workshop - http://www.htmlworkshop.com/ =
=                Home of Search & Replace 98                 =