[EXIM] Basic mail handling question

Author: Randy Edwards
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Basic mail handling question
I've got a basic network concept question that I'm not quite sure of. This
involves spreading a network in multiple locations across multiple machines.
Here's my situation:

+-----+                    +-----+                      +-----+

| net |                    | net |                      | net |

+-----+                    +-----+                      +-----+
   |                          |                            |
   |                          |                            |
+--------+                 +--------+                   +--------+

| site 1 |                 | site 2 |                   | site 3 |

+--------+                 +--------+                   +--------+
    /|\                        /|\                         /|\
  Users 1                    Users 2                     Users 3

Each site is connected to the Internet ("net") via a slow link. The sites do
not have direct connections with each other. Each site has a Linux server
with Exim. Each site has a different set of users but all sites operate under
one domain. Each site's users changes a small amount periodically, and of
course their passwords change frequently.

Can someone explain to me how I'd go about linking all of these sites up for
mail. For example, if I have the domain's incoming mail server at Site 1, how
can I automagically send mail for users at site 3 down to site 3's server?
Would I have to have all users entered on site 1's server (hardly seems
practical)? Is there a way of doing this automatically only with bind? Any
whacks with a clue-bat and gentle pointing in the right direction would be
appreciated. TIA.

--
 Regards,  | Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org - More software than
 .         | *any* distribution, rock solid reliability, quality control,