Re: [EXIM] Filtering

Author: Frederick Page
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Filtering
Hi Vadim,

On Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 01:56:18AM +0200, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

>>>Wwwhat? Do you know how MTA and MUAs work?

>> Not yet, but I'm still learning, thanks for your help.

>I don't know any good manual which explains how MUAs work. For
>MTAs, start by reading RFC821 and RFC822. Also, look at your
>mailbox with "less", looking at the headers of read and unread
>mail. Watch the queue of exim. After a while, you will be able
>to setup complex MTA configurations.

Thanks for the information. I already did watch the exim-logs, also
set up some filtering which works pretty nifty and I did learn more
about emails/news in the last few weeks, than with several years on M$
systems.

However: I'm far away from being an expert on anything about Linux,
yet I was able to help some other guys, so I can kind of return the
favour. You guys helped me, I try to help others (as far as I can).

>And remember that sysadmins can't be taught, only trained.

:-) I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks four your help, it's very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Frederick

--
Linux *is* user-friendly.
It's just a little picky about it's friends.