Re: [EXIM] Filtering

Author: Frederick Page
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Filtering
On Fri, Feb 19, 1999 at 10:45:54PM +0200, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

>>However: if I open the mailbox exim-user with Mutt, it does not
>>recognize new messages, since the file has not been touched by Exim.

>What do you mean by touching?

I was under the impression, that the time/date of the file was not
changed by Exim, when appending to that file.

As I just noticed, this is not true, the file *is* "touched". I
mis-configured Mutt so it did not compare the date/time of the file
with it's internally saved timestamp, so Mutt could not indicate,
whether a mailbox had new mails.

Sorry, my mistake!

>Does mutt recognize that there are new messages in exim-user?

It now does :-) sorry, I'm still a newbie and had misconfigured Mutt.

>Wwwhat? Do you know how MTA and MUAs work?

Not yet, but I'm still learning, thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Frederick

--
Linux *is* user-friendly.
It's just a little picky about it's friends.