Re: [EXIM] Bad mode

Author: Frederick Page
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Bad mode
Hi Jim,

you wrote on: 19 Feb 99 at 11:26 (received 19.02.99)
about       : _Re: [EXIM] Bad mode_

>> # modemask = 002

>Did you try uncommenting (removing the leading #) this line? The modemask
>indicates which bits must *not* be on in the permissions of the .forward
>file. The default is 022.

I did not uncomment this line, because the comments in /etc/exim.conf
said, that the default (022) would be probably what I want. Since I am
still a Linux-newbie, I followed this recommendation.

>The log file is telling you that one of the bits specified by modemask
>is on.

Thank you very much, I had no idea, what 100664 meant.

>(100664 and 022 = 020, so either set modemask to 002, or change
>the permissions on your .forward file.)

Thank you *very* much, such a stupid little thing (one comment sign too
much) and big effects :-(

>http://www.exim.org/exim-html-2.10/doc/html/spec_22.html#SEC636

I will go there right now, thanks again.

Kind regards

Frederick