Re: [EXIM] One message to *lots* of people

Author: Steve Lamb
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] One message to *lots* of people
On Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:31:14 +0000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

>general (that should be an explicit choice). In general replies to
>specifics should all go to the originator of the question who should then
>summarise to list later.

    Wrong, wrong, WRONG.

>See
>    http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>    http://www.halisp.net/halisp/reply-to-harmful.html

Also:
http://www.unicom.com/BBS/bbs_forum.cgi?forum=replyto&read=000038-000000.msg&session=36cc0cd566c2cd45&use_last_read=on&last_read=0

    My reply to that BS and goes, point by point, tearing it to shreads.  As
I said in a private reply, here's the short form:  RFC822 expressly allows
for the reply-to to be changed for discussion lists.  I assume that people
here *have* read 822?

- --