Re: [EXIM] Exim on Debian

Author: Alexander Koch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Exim on Debian
On Sat, 13 February 1999 20:03:47 -0800, Pollywog wrote:
> I just installed Debian and setting it up is quite different from the way it
> was on Caldera. Are there any resources to help me with this?
> It runs from inetd.conf here.

Just go to /etc/init.d/exim and look for the line that says "exit 0"
and be sure to comment out the "offending" inetd.conf entry. Not much
of a deal, IMO.
For the usual home system running from inetd is not bad or something,
it may be wise in quite some environments.

Besides, Mark Baker (the Debian package maintainer) is reading this
list, too.

Alexander

--
Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly. It just happens
to be very selective about who it decides to make friends with.