[EXIM] Exim sometimes ignores data passed by bad code? :)

Author: D. J. Birchall
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Exim sometimes ignores data passed by bad code? :)
I frequently write C programs and PERL scripts for system
automation and CGI purposes, and tend to prefer piping the
output to "sendmail -t" rather than /bin/mail when possible.

Occasionally, I've noticed Exim displaying a "roach motel"
behavior toward the output of these scripts. Messages
check in, but they don't check out. There's an "<=" line
in the log showing that it was received, but for whatever
reason, no deliver was considered necessary. :)

I'm just curious as to what the top 2 or 3 stupid mistakes
that cause this would be, in language-independent terms. :)

-Dan

--
D Birchall, VP of Technology, Digital Facilities Management
132 Kings Highway East Suite A-1, Haddonfield NJ 08033-2008