Re: [EXIM] setting environment variables

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Peter Galbavy
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] setting environment variables
On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Peter Galbavy wrote:

> If I could do this:
>
>         virtual:
>           driver = aliasfile
>           env MAJORDOMO_CF = EXIM_HOME/domains/$domain/majordomo.cf
>           env PATH = /usr/local/majordomo

Since the setting of environment variables is applicable only to the
running of pipes, I don't think it would be right to specify them on the
aliasfile director - the specification should be on the pipe transport.
This means you would actually do this

      virtual:
        driver = aliasfile
        address_pipe = special_pipe

and then provide a transport

      special_pipe:
        driver = pipe
        env = ...

instead of letting it use the default address_pipe transport. Also, Exim
isn't geared up for multiple occurrences of one option; the natural way
to implement it would be with colon-separated settings.

I will put this on the wish list.