Re: [EXIM] Question on sender_recipients_reject

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Alexander Koch
CC: Exim Users Maillinglist
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Question on sender_recipients_reject
On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Alexander Koch wrote:

> sender_reject_recipients = "bassman@*"

> I am very much afraid I am missing something really
> obvious here. When I read the chapter 7.14 in the specs
> file, it more or less tells me something like that
> one above should suffice to reject an incoming mail
> with that recipient.

No, I'm afraid you have misunderstood. A setting like that will reject
*all* the recipients of an incoming mail with that *sender*.

> I would just like to specific recipients (i.e. complete
> addresses).

Set up an alias for such recipients, like this

bassman: :fail: mail for bassman is not acceptable

If they are not in one of your local domains, set up a router to send
them to your directors, so that they pass through the alias file and
pick up the above error message.

xxxx:
driver = domainlist
local_parts = bassman
self = local
route_list = "* localhost"

You can, of course, qualify the router and director with specific
domains.