[EXIM] qualifying DNS names

Author: Sebastian Kiesel
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] qualifying DNS names

Hello,

I am using exim-2.10. I am wondering how to setup
a router that qualifies nonfullqualified DNS names in receipient
adresses (as the lookuphost router with options search_parents
and rewrite_headers does) and then passes the mail to subsequent
routers.

I`ll try to describe what I want to do, perhaps it can be achieved
in a very differnent way... All mails to hosts im my domain should
be delivered directly to that host or its MX, the other ones should
go to a smarthost. My router configuration looks like this:

local_route:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = "*mydomain.de $domain bydns"

smart_route:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = "* smarthost.my-isp.de bydns_a"

This works fine as long as all adresses have FQDNs.
But unfortunallly my /etc/resolv.conf has the line:

search mydomain.de otherdomain.de onemoredomain.de

and my users do use that and want to use it :(
the problem is that _all_ mails to user@host (as abbrevation for
user@??? _or_ user@???) go to the
smarthost which - what is even worse - can`t deliver them
because it does not have a search line in its resolv.conf.

Thanks
Sebastian

Sebastian Kiesel
joe@???