Re: [EXIM] question about EXIM_UID and GID

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Pollywog
A: Pollywog
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] question about EXIM_UID and GID

On 02-Feb-99 Pollywog wrote:
something like

>> /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q1h
>
> Nothing like that in this script.
>
> I was about to give up and leave things as they are, since I am *certain* the
> problem is in my sytem, not Exim. I tried this "sendmail
> pollywog@???" on the command line as a last resort:
>

> 1999-02-02 10:09:22 107kGG-0006X7-00 Cannot open main log file
> "/var/log/exim/mainlog": Permission denied: euid=8 egid=12
> exim: could not open panic log: aborting
> exim: original error was: 1999-02-02 10:09:22 107kGG-0006X7-00 Cannot open
> main
> log file "/var/log/exim/mainlog": Permission denied: euid=8 egid=12
>
> The same happens if I use exim_user=exim and exim_group=exim
>
> I will fiddle with this for a bit. If I can't fix it I can just leave these
> settings out.

Looks like I have found the problem and fixed it. My log directory has rather
restrictive permissions, and Exim was unable to write to its logs unless it was
always running as root. I made a new log directory for all my Exim logs, one
that only Exim can use. That seems to have done the trick.

thanks all

--
Andrew